With version 1.1 of Duel Master: Yu-Gi-Oh Edition we are introducing two exciting new features. The first is the ability to pull up information about a card by taking a picture of it using the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
The other is the ability to view support cards for any given card. With this feature, you can quickly and easily identify which cards will work well with each other, giving you the winning edge you need in completion.
Duel Master: Yu-Gi-Oh Edition is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and is available in the App Store.
We have just released a new update to the iManga Reader!
What's new in version 1.7.1 of the iManga Reader
- Added refresh button to manga reading controls.
- Fixed bug where MyAnimeList would occasionally update the wrong manga entry.
- Fixed bug where some genre buttons would display the wrong genre when tapped.
- Minor UI adjustments.
- Other small bug fixes and performance tweaks.
We've partnered up with Gigatap to provide users of the lite version of the iManga Reader with a way to upgrade to the full version for free! All you need to do is fill out a small survey.
Please note that this a random special offer available only to users of the lite version of the iManga Reader who have read twenty (20) or more manga chapters.
We have just released a brand new app called See It!
See It is a handheld video magnifier that works by streaming a real time video feed to your iPhone or iPad's screen from your device's back-facing camera. You can zoom the feed in and out, and apply image filters to make things easier to see. Also, for devices that support it, you can turn on your device's flash light for extra illumination and a sharper image.
Designed by the visually impaired for the visually impaired, See It is the world's only portable CCTV video magnifier for your iPhone and iPad! Why pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a handheld portable CCTV, when there's an app for that?
Some users have reported strange behavior from their copies of iManga. Specifically crashes, things saying they've got new chapters, and a few other small quirks. Don't panic, this is totally normal! We are in the middle of integrating some new manga hosting websites, and phasing out titles and hosts that have removed chapters for different series.
As of this moment, we are waiting on Apple to review and approve our latest update to the app, which should make all (or at least most) of these issues go away. Please be patient!
A new update to the iManga Reader has just been approved for sale, get it now!
Ever find yourself hankering for something to eat while out and about? Tired of trying to find somewhere with cheap, tasty food with nothing but a vague idea? With the Find Me Food! app, no longer do you have to take a wild guess at what’s nearby, or what you can afford.
Just tell Find Me Food! how much money you want to spend and how far you’re willing to travel, and in moments you'll be provided with a list of all available fast food restaurants that match your criteria. From there, you can get directions to the restaurants nearest you, or peruse the menu of your favorite restaurant to tally up what you’d like to order. Once you’ve found your favorite food, Find Me Food! Automatically saves your menu choices in a neat list for you to take wherever you're planning to eat.
Crush your hunger with Find Me Food!
"iManga Reader is an unbeatable bargain. Where else will you find almost seven thousand titles available for your reading pleasure on both the iPhone and iPad? How about for less than the cost of a Starbucks latte? If you’re a fan, this is a must-have, barre none." -- Luke Patrick of The iPhone App Review
Read the full review here.
Version 1.4 of the iManga Reader has been approved for release by Apple.
New Features in Version 1.4
- Automatically track your manga reading, using MyAnimeList.net
- Immediately find out when your favorite manga has new chapters, with push notifications
- Share your favorite manga via Facebook, and Twitter (iOS 5 only)
- Fixed issue with offline reading while not connected to the internet
- Redesigned UI for interacting with different manga
- Lots of bug fixes
- More and more new manga to read!
- FASTER page downloading for reading manga, and saving manga for offline reading.
So what's new in this update?
- Find more manga! See and read the manga that is most popular with the iManga community right now!
- New and improved chapter downloading controls
- Fixed bug where pages get out of order while reading downloaded manga chapters
- Syncing iManga up to the Studio Bebop relay is now a much faster process
- Initial database filling is now faster
- Other Minor bug fixes
- Improved interface speed
We still haven't made any progress on getting the full version released again, VIZ Media is still being very uncooperative. We'll let you know when all that changes!
Never mind, we're back in business now
If you're wondering why iManga isn't working right now for you, it's because we're in the midst of some server updates and maintenance right now.
Please be patient, and all will be right very soon.
We've been getting a lot of emails lately from our customers asking/complaining about the iManga Reader. So to alleviate some frustrations on both sides, we've decided to put together a small FAQ for the iManga Reader.
I've already bought the full version of the iManga Reader before! Why haven't I received an update alert? Am I going to have to purchase the full version again?
With our new update for the iManga Reader, we decided to put out another app along with the update to the paid version. Namely, the iManga Reader Lite. While the lite version of the application is currently available in the App Store, we cannot yet release the updates to the paid version. The reason for this is because we are still waiting for VIZ Media LLC to email Apple, and let them know that we are now in full compliance with their request to not allow users to read their manga titles using our app. Until that happens, Apple will not allow us to release the update for the paid version of the iManga Reader.
Users who have purchased the full version of the iManga Reader in the past, will be able to update their application for free, but not until we resolve our issues with VIZ. We are hoping that this won't take more than a couple months at max.
Every manga I try to read says that I can't read it because of licensing issues! What the heck, did you rip me off?
Nope, we sure didn't. Unfortunately, we can't allow our users to access manga titles that have been licensed for sale within the United States, because that would be stealing. VIZ Media LLC in particular has been very adamant in their demands that week keep our users from reading their manga titles with our application. So in the spirit of good will, we've complied with their requests. However, there are still tons of titles available to be read using the iManga Reader!
So it's been just a bit over a month or so since the new and improved version of the iManga Reader was released, and we've been hard at work on the latest update! The new version is currently in Apple's capable hands being reviewed, and will (hopefully) be available for download within the next ten days.
Here's what's new in the upcoming update to the iManga Reader:
- DOWNLOAD MANGA CHAPTERS and read them offline any time you want
- Nearly 1,000 new manga titles
- Immediate alerts for when your favorite series receive chapter updates
- Performance and stability improvements
- The manga title search is now case-insensitive
- Upgrade to the full version of the iManga Reader using a quick and simple in-app purchase!
Screenshots of the new manga chapter downloading feature for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
So a couple quick notes on what's happening with the iManga Reader right now.
Both the free and the paid version of the app have been approved for sale by Apple. Unfortunately we apparently still have a couple outstanding issues with VIZ Media to resolve. What this means for you, our beloved end user, is that you'll have to wait another couple weeks before you'll be able to download the latest paid version of the iManga Reader.
In the meantime, why don't you check out the free version of the iManga Reader instead.
Does anyone remember way back in October when we told told you all we were working on the new version of the iManga Reader, and that you could expect a mid-November release? Well we were only half lying we promise, because the new version of the iManga Reader is being reviewed by Apple right now! Yup folks, you read that right. The iManga Reader is currently being scrutinized by Apple's crack squad of app approvers, and will (hopefully) be released very soon!
From all of us here at Studio Bebop, we'd like to apologize for the ridiculous amount of time it has taken for this to finally happen, and we'll skip giving you all the boring list of reasons why this all took as long as it did. Thank you all so much for your emails of encouragement, and even those grumpy ones, they helped us stay motivated to get this finished and released to you all.
So what's new in version 2.0 of the iManga Reader?
- Native iPad and Retina Display support!
- A totally revamped user interface.
- All pages in a chapter are downloaded while you are reading, now you won't have to wait every time you want to go to a different page!
- A lot of new manga titles for you to read, the total right now is somewhere around 5,039 different manga titles to choose from.
- As mentioned in our news post back in October, we will now be using a specially designed Manga Information Relay System to serve out manga data to the iManga Reader apps.
- You can now browse through manga in several different ways.
- By target audience (Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, or Josei)
- By genre (Action, Adventure, Ecchi, Slice of Life, etc)
- By recently updated
- By on-going or completed series
- You can now read in both portrait and landscape orientations!
- We've implemented all sorts of neat gesture controls to make reading manga using the iManga Reader a far more enjoyable experience. They are,
- Double tap zooming
- Swipe gestures for moving between pages
- Tap a manga page once with two fingers to hide the page navigation toolbar
iPhone and iPod Touch:
Oh also, we will also be releaseing a free version of the iManga Reader (riddled with ads) as well.
First things first, I'd like to personally apologize to all of you still waiting for the release of iManga 2.0. I know, I know. We've been keeping you guys waiting far too long. Unfortunately the development stages have been slow and painful as of late. Don't worry though we're still here.
We have been receiving all of your emails and we appreciate each and every one of them (there are a lot). Even if we're not always able to respond.
In the interest of keeping this update short and simple, I'm going to leave it here. I'd like to thank you all for being so patient with us, you will be rewarded soon, take our word on that.
More updates will be coming soon, the second we have a release date we will submit a news entry and inform you all.
First of all, thank you to everyone who sent us emails letting us know about crash errors on iManga Reader. Unfortunately, the principle source that iManga Reader uses to pull content from (OneManga.com) has recently decided to shut down. Because of this, the iManga app suddenly doesn't know where to pull content from, and as a result crashes. Fear not though manga fans, the Studio Bebop development team is hard at work on finishing up the latest release of iManga Reader!
But if OneManga is gone, how are you supposed to read your manga using iManga Reader? Well for the new version of iManga, we've decided to completely overhaul the way the app handles gathering manga for you to read. Instead of gathering data on a series directly from its hosting website in-app, iManga Reader 2.0 instead retrieves all it's data from a specially designed manga relay server system we've developed.
What does this mean for you?
- Access to all of the manga from four (and counting) different manga hosting websites! (That's roughly 8000 different series)
- Never experience another app crash because a host changes their page coding. Our manga relay system constantly checks for coding changes on a host's website, and can automatically generate new parsing instructions and push them to your app immediately.
- Faster data retrieval! Spend less time waiting for things to load, and more time reading!
- If we're missing a series you like, let us know and we can have our system find it, and add it to the database.
We expect to finish development on iManga Reader 2.0 and have it resubmitted to the App Store by about mid-September. Unfortunately all iManga users are going to have to sit tight until we then. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask you to remain patient.